Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Diva Dinner-Sesame Ginger Oven Fried Chicken w/Mango Mayo Dip

Hey All!

It's been a while since I hopped on here. Things have been pretty good around here.

Chloe turned seven a week ago! We took her to the lake for her birthday and I made a beach themed cake.

She loved it, and it turned out well.

It sparked my baking flame a little bit so, I've been at it it in the kitchen whipping up some more treats and I've got some projects waiting in the wings! Can't wait to share them! You can see my other goodies on my Facebook page Té's Tasty Treats!

I bought a bunch of marinades recently and I've started putting them to use. Last night I made Alex and myself baked lemon pepper chicken. I coated it in Ritz crackers. Oh my goodness it was delicious.

I cooked again tonight and decided to tell you guys all about it.

Tonight I used Lawry's Sesame Ginger marinade. I split a chicken breast in half then chopped it into chunks. Then I put all the chicken in a Hefty bag and poured the marinade over it. On the bottle it says it's ready in 30 minutes; I just let it sit until I was ready for the next steps.
Tonight I made everything ahead of time, because Alex was at the gym, and I didn't want to be rushing when he was on his way home. The only thing I had to do was put the chicken in the oven.

The first thing I made was the mango mayo dipping sauce. There was no recipe for this so I kind of made up my own.

I used Miracle Whip (because regular mayo is forbidden in this house as per the law of Alex Russ lol!!!) I also used mangoes (I eyeball everything so I'd say it was a little more than a handful of mango chunks), as well a balsamic vinegar and some dashes of salt and pepper.
As I mentioned before I kind of eyeballed everything and threw it in the blender. I didn't want to use too much balsamic vinegar so I only put a cap full in the blender.
 I mixed it all together and got this lovely little dip. I wrapped it up and kept it refrigerated until I was ready to use it with the chicken.
After that, I went ahead and made the Ritz cracker coating, which was simply throwing a bag of Ritz crackers in the blender and pulsing for a few seconds.
Soon it was time to get prepare the chicken for the oven. Of course, make sure to preheat the oven. For this recipe I preheated it for 400 degrees.





As the oven was heating I prepared the chicken. I coated my chicken the way a lot of people tend to do: first flour, then and egg/water (sometimes milk if I have it) mix and then the Ritz crackers.
Then I placed the chicken in a shallow greased pan and baked it for about 25 minutes.



They came out pretty nice looking!
They were pretty tasty. I'm a very picky eater so I don't often try new things, but I'm doing my best to expand my food horizons lol...One day at a time right? Well today wasn't so bad!

Well, what do you guys think? I'm sure I could have made the presentation of the sauce look a little better but oh well! Lol...

I'm going to end this blog now, got to hop over to my writer's blog and make a post! Did you all know that August is Read-a-Romance month? Well it is!

See you all again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment